How do I report my monthly earned income when I receive SSI?


  • Report monthly earned income (when it is paid) by the 10th of the month and receive payment the following month
  • Report to your local Social Security Office:
  • Call or write
  • Phone (800) 772-1213
  • Use the SSI Mobile Wage Reporting Smartphone App
  • Use the My Social Security website, but only after a Social Security agent has entered your employment

NOTE: If you receive Medicaid, the state agency may also require monthly income reporting.

Additional Resources

Global Genes Badge

FD/MAS Alliance is a recipient of the Financial Advocacy in RARE Impact Grant sponsored by Global Genes.  Thanks to this award, FD/MAS Financial Literacy 101 is made possible.  We thank Michael Beloff, CFP®, ChSNC® Belvedere Wealth Partners, for donating his time and financial expertise and Caroline Fuchs, CAE, for contributing her time, communications, and digital strategy expertise to the FD/MAS community for this resource.